Pages

Sunday 9 January 2022

Lovely and Quiet

Eileen - thank you. When I saw the disembodied plastic leg, I couldn't resist. I actually took it leaning out of my car window!

A lot of people seem to know what they are going to do next. I deeply envy them. Anyone who has followed this blog knows that I have good intentions but a serious lack of follow through. The spirit is often willing, but desperately weak and I am easily distracted. I am working on banning the phrase 'I am going to...' from this blog as it is inevitably a kiss of death to whatever project I am planning. 

Today has been odd. It's hard to put my finger on. I made a decent dinner without too much argument. Bear's uniform was ready for him in the early afternoon along with a fresh towel for his shower handed over well before he needed it. I found a forgotten Christmas present for bear and a Christmas present and birthday present (months ago!) for DH and passed them over. This is fairly normal here, and a family tradition for DH. When he was a child, he wasn't surprised to get birthday and Christmas presents months late. Regrettably, bear isn't surprised either. I took a pic of the candle.

It's a huge, seven wick candle that I bought before Christmas. It's like having a mellow, scented indoor bonfire! We're saving it for weekends and evenings when we are all together. The wax is white, by the way. It just photgraphed oddly. It smells awesome as well. I'd been meaning to get it out for a week.

I also had a quick look at the layout this blog. I've been here since 2013! That is a scary thought. I added a mention of my writing and some books that I've written since my last update. I may play around with the layout and the theme, so if you come here and find things different from expectations, I apologise. 

I'm gently and slowly picking up on things that I felt that I would like to do, that perhaps I ought to do, or that I want to do but forget. Today I had a browse through some random quotes and found one from Doctor Who - 'First things first, but not necessarily in that order.' which seems a little like my life. I have even dug out a blanket that I think I started years ago and I'm close to finishing it off. And when I saw the spare yarn in the bottom of the bag, I wondered what I could make with it. Then I decided that it would make a great donation to a charity shop. 

I feel like I'm making progress, but I'm not sure how I got here.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog because you sound like you have good intentions like me but sometimes gets distracted. Maybe it's because we're creative people? I like to use that as an excuse. I seem to get distracted so easily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome candle! It looks like a flower in the photo. I like that quote from Doctor Who! That was very good of you to donate the spare yarn. You are definitely making progress! :)

    ReplyDelete