Pages

Tuesday 11 January 2022

Only Tuesday

Bless - thank you. 

Eileen - Thank you for the compliment and thank you for the invitation to post a pic every day. I fail at keeping committed to anything, so I worry about letting you down if I say 'yes'. I think I shall see how things go. I think it's good for me to look outside of myself, so your invitation would make my life a lot healthier. Mind you, the only photo I've taken today is this.


I wanted to share info with DH. I shall challenge myself to do better tomorrow. Thank you for suggesting it. 

Today has been pretty dull. I've been attacking the writing. I called into Morrisons for some salad leaves and saw the offer above. I mean to ask DH if it will do for him. His room gets very cold at the top of the house, and this could be quite cheap to run. The shift to working from home has changed a lot of things. We no longer pay for DH's car or for him to have meals from a sandwich shop, but the heating is on all the time because his room gets so cold and his room heater isn't very good. As things stand, I am willing to risk £30 as a gamble to perhaps save a little more and make DH's life better.

Today's quote is An idealist is someone who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup - H L Mencken. I think it says a lot about people. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lyssa, I always start the photo a day with good intentions but don't always manage to finish it, and sometimes forget to post my photo so have to add a week's worth at a time! It's just another way to have fun but I like looking back at my year in December and seeing what I chose to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used one of those radiators to keep the old outdoor craft room free from damp in the winter months. It did a great job and wasn't hugely expensive to run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are getting some writing done. I have something similar to that heater in my living room to keep the chill off. It gets really cold here and the rest of the house does okay but if I'm sitting I get cold so I use the heater instead of turning up the main heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our granddaughter lives with us and works from home. She has an oil fitted radiator like the one in your picture. It saves us heating the whole house all the time. Her room is on the cold side of our house and the heater is ideal. Deffo worth the investment.

    ReplyDelete