Tuesday 18 January 2022

I May Have Done Things

Cherie - it's heartbreaking about the dogs. Poor Woody was failing, but he wasn't ready to go yet. I suppose we weren't ready for him to go yet. He was so full of love.

Eileen - believe me, emptying that pot made me very happy!

I seem to have done a lot of bits and pieces, but I didn't get the writing I needed done. I don't know how I crawled out of bed, but I did. Then it took ages to defrost the car. The ice was really thick. I wasn't getting any liquid from the windscreen washers so I bought some liquid on the way home after dropping bear off. Of course, by the time I got home, I was getting something, but not much so I topped up the wiper fluid. The hardest part is remembering how to open the dratted bonnet. It's got a sort of knack to it and I was swearing like a sailor as I fiddled around. I should have checked oil and antifreeze when I was in there, but the weather forecast isn't so cold, so fingers crossed things are okay. 

Speaking of cars, that's one of the things that I did. I sorted out a different day for the service that I booked. It's a full service, so they should top up what needs topping up. I'll see how it goes. The car should be fine until 28th.

Bear asked me to check about the second shot, so I did, and it's being dealt with by the school. I also found a hoodie for DH who is considering the possibility of perhaps maybe putting on an extra layer when it's cold.  I got some washing in, and snuck into bear's room. He has asked us to respect his privacy, and on the whole I am happy to do so, but I needed hangers and walked out with a massive armful. I shall have to have words. Mind you, he got the results back for a test and he got 85%, which will keep him out of too much trouble. I also had a quick sort out of some yarn in one of the corners where I have some of my stash. I found this, and this is my happy picture. I'm going to have this in the car as my knitting project. It makes me happy to think of a blanket made of this yarn. I can't even remember buying it.

I took a load of yarn to the charity shop. There were all sorts of left over bits and bobs and a few things which I decided I would never use. After that I met my brother in Tesco car park. It wasn't planned, but our paths were crossing so we caught up with news and I passed on some chocolates for him and his partner and a dog toy for his remaining dog. He's doing okay.

Then I picked up bear and we visited DH's auntie. She is in her eighties and quite isolated, so we just stuck our heads in to say hello. We didn't dare do more as there are a lot of Covid cases in bear's school. She was delighted to see bear, who has probably grown eight inches or so since she saw him before the plague. She has always been so kind to me, and I was glad that I could at least say hello and drop off some flowers.

Then I whizzed home, made dinner, took out the bins and collapsed. My hip is really painful right now. And tomorrow I need to get all the writing done.

Hugs and good health to all. 


  1. Sounds like a busy day! Hope you carve out some time for the writing.

    I think once my kids got to be teenagers I mostly stayed out of their rooms (for my health too lol). I think it also gives them (hopefully) a sense of responsibility in picking things up or needing washing done - can't be washed if it's not in the basket lol.

  2. Wow, you did a lot! That yarn looks beautiful! Lovely colors! I hope you are able to rest tonight and your hip will be less painful, tomorrow. Take care.

  3. How busy you have been! That yarn looks very pretty, it will be a beautiful blanket.

  4. It sounds like you had a productive day even if you didn't make any progress on the writing. Well done for letting some of your wool stash go to the charity shop as well.