Pages

Friday 7 January 2022

It Snowed

The school run wasn't brilliant this morning. There was snow. There was quite a bit of snow. It was just rain when we got into the car at home, but it got a little more solid as we progressed. It wasn't too bad. It didn't really affect how the car held the road, but the visibility was a little hit and miss. I was glad to get home.

I need to set a reminder to take a load of pics. I have the amazing steampunk cat from Christmas and any minute now I'm going to be unpacking what I hope is an awesome travel kettle that I can plug into the car. I set off early today, as I wanted to avoid the worst of the places hit by snow. Normally I hit a huge tailback about half way there if I go by the safe route, but today there was nothing. I ended up waiting for bear for over an hour (read a book and knitted). I quite often end up there early because any later and I get stuck in traffic. Besides, having a cup of something hot for bear on the way home at this time of year is, in my opinion, a great idea. It may also come in useful if I get out and about. 

I'm trying to resist the heated travel rug that will also plug into the car. I forgot one of my sweaters today and I was shivering. Mind you, I'll have to keep an eye on the battery. It's getting elderly.

I'm still feeling the effects of the flu jab, but they are sooooo much less than actual flu.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow you were really brave driving in the snow. I dreaded it when I had to drive my children to school. I would get really nervous and panicky. I did drive yesterday - there was snow on the road but it wasn't really bad. Today I stayed home. The roads were worse than yesterday and the salt people hadn't been out at all. The hill outside looked terrible and you couldn't tell where the middle of the road was at all! They have been through now though and the snow has stopped. The temperature has dropped though and the low tonight will be -14C. Brrrr. I am hoping to have husband drive me to the lakeshore tomorrow hoping that there will be ice near the lighthouse! Hope you recover from the flu jab and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete